Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
P3FE  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:36:49 PM(UTC)
P3FE

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Samsung Dryer Model DV338AEB/XAA. I got it along with the matching washer from my sister-in-law about 3 years ago. Since then it has been continuously having lint blowing out of the exterior exhaust vent. It also started making a loud noise and a vibration that was shaking the house. like we were drying half a dozen sneakers. I thought it was the Drum support rollers, I ordered 4 and took the dryer apart. I noticed that the blower fan was about 3/4's packed with lint. I cleaned it out and installed the two rear support rollers and it runs great, no noise and very little vibration, however, it still is sending lint out the exhaust. The lint screen seems to fit properly and we clean it after every load. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Anyone ever run across this issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 5:39:51 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Could the element, thermostat and fuse kit on dryer test good for continuity and still be bad or could it be a bad control board because it doesn't have any error codes?
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 5:41:00 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Could the element, thermostat and fuse kit on dryer test good for continuity and still be bad or could it be a bad control board because it doesn't have any error codes?
GardnGirl  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2022 3:28:07 PM(UTC)
GardnGirl

Groups: Registered
United States

P3FE, no idea why this is happening but if it's any consolation my Samsung dryer (model DV45K6500EW/A3) does this too... At first I thought it might be because the lint duct had detached from the exterior vent fitting, but it also happens when everything stays properly connected.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply