Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EC Haney  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 2:59:18 PM(UTC)
EC Haney

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

GE REFRIGERATOR; Side by Side
MODEL TPS24PPDABS

DAY 1
The freezer was working / The refrigerator was running warm. I had cleaned the condenser coils, which seemed to be ~75% obstructed and defrosted the evaporator coils. This seemed to do the trick.

DAY 21
RELAPSE. Cold Freezer / Warm Refrigerator

DAY 22
I dismounted, (did NOT disconnect) the Condenser Fan and took a look at the Compressor, etc. Decided to check out Timer, Heater, etc.

DAY 23
Turned out to be a bad DEFROST HEATER
Replaced THAT after a MUCH more extensive tear down which involved disconnecting & removing the ICE MAKER. I had some difficulty reinstalling the ice maker, but all wires seemed to be “accounted for” and it slid back into place pretty well. After everything was back in place, I plugged the unit in and stepped away for about a half hr, expecting to find a working refrigerator when I returned. Instead, it seemed worse in that NOTHING was running. Freezer & refrigerator BOTH were at Room T, there was NO SOUND, but the LIGHT BULBS WERE BURNING.

DAY 24, (today)
I’m wondering if I might have screwed up while reconnecting some of the wiring and if so, where to look first.
Also concerned that I didn’t listen & observe the unit when I reconnected to power. Could something have gone wrong THEN?

ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS??

Edited by user Friday, October 15, 2021 3:06:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.