Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dawnv  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 7:01:04 AM(UTC)
Dawnv

Groups: Registered
United States

Our unit is about 11 years old now. We get regular buildup of ice on the floor of the freezer and need to totally turn off the until for a couple of days. Replacement cost is very high and I’d rather keep this out of the landfill.

We have two issues I think are the cause but I’m not sure how to approach the repair. We are ok to purchase parts as needed to get this working properly. It is a royal pain to remove everything and turn it off for a couple of days. This happens about every 2 - 3 months.

Issue 1 -
The seal is not proper around the freezer. We have replaced the seal, however the fit when the bottom freezer drawer is shut does not seem tight/level. Is there a way to adjust the way the door shuts? Or is there a standard part to replace if the freezer door gets off kilter with use? Perhaps the rails that the door slides on?

Issue 2 -
The last repair we had done, the repair person stated that the back of the freezer had rust that could be clogging the drain. If that is the case, could we replace whatever is rusted and clean out the drain more fully to stop the ice.

The symptom of the ice buildup is that the ice continues to form on the bottom of the freezer until it runs out onto the floor. There is no frost buildup.

Thanks!
Dawn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.