Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JCohen8008  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 8:00:28 AM(UTC)
JCohen8008

Groups: Registered
United States

KFIS29BBMS03 KitchenAid Refrigerator
I'm losing sleep over this one and would appreciate some help. I see lots of posts out there where the Freezer is cold and the refrigerator is too warm but I have the opposite problem. My Freezer is measuring about 17 degrees and my refrigerator is 38 degrees. My ice maker stopped producing ice and recently I started hearing a loud noise inside the refrigerator. Took about the interior of the refrigerator and the evaporator was completely frozen up. I thawed everything but the temperatures are still the same in both the fridge and freezer but it runs much quieter now. The thermistor seems to measure okay...3.3kohm at room temp. Evap fan was running but the damper seemed stuck closed and rusty. I ordered a new one of these and wiring harness to just replace the evap sensor elements anyway. I'm waiting on the parts but I'm starting to doubt it will fix this issue. If it helps any I used to have an issue with the Freezer icing up. Switching the defrost to basic from ADC fixed this problem but perhaps there is a larger issue with the control board? Coils are clean enough to eat off of and I've checked the impedance on the compressor which appears within spec at 7 ohms across both terminals. All diagnostic tests also seem to check out correctly. Thank you in advance.

Edited to add that I'm now seeing Service Test 56: Ice Maker Error Code to read E1: No Cooling

Edited by user Tuesday, June 29, 2021 7:39:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.