Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Geprofileman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 6:45:46 AM(UTC)
Geprofileman

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi Friends,

I am hoping someone out there might have knowledge of what maybe going on with my GE PRofile PFSS6PKXESS fridge. it's about 10 years old and the French door/bottom freezer type.

A few nights ago, I awoke to the dispenser control panel making it's chime, non-stop. Upon closer inspection, it looked like the "Ice off/Lock" button was being pressed repeatedly by itself--hence making the chime every time. There is no way to turn off the button chime, so this became an issue because you can't exactly shutoff the fridge either.

Fast forward to the following evening when it was apparent the issue was not resolving itself. I did some research on the web and a few people with similar problems indicated a probable short in the dispenser control panel and replacing the panel was the solution. So, I expedited a control panel for about $200 total and lo and behold this issue seems to have miraculously fixed itself (without the new dispenser control panel.) No issue on the old panel for about 48 hours now. I did pull it off (broke a damn tab in the process) initially to check the connections and circuit board of course to my inexperienced eye, all looked ok. Now the old dispenser control panel is sitting, half re-installed while I decide whether the new part is actually necessary.

So, I am questioning now if this is really an issue with the dispenser control board OR might there be some sort of sending unit to the button in question (ICE OFF/LOCK) that was causing it to oscillate randomly by itself for the better part of 36 hours or so.....and how would this issue resolve itself? In my experiences, electrical issues like a physical short rarely if ever resolve themselves so that's is why I am wondering if there is something else going on and the crazy dispenser button problem is simply the symptom of it.

Thanks so much in advance if anyone has an idea.

Harlan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.