Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
peteinmd  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 3:54:54 AM(UTC)
peteinmd

Groups: Registered
United States

Greetings,

I can use a hand troubleshooting the subject dishwasher. The problem is when I start a normal cycle, it fills with water as it normally does, and then when I should be hearing the motor running and water spraying/sloshing around as it cleans dishes normally, all I hear is an electrical hum coming from the bottom of the machine. When the cycle completes (or if I interrupt the cycle by hitting the RESET button), I'll hear the drain motor kick in as it should, it drains the tub properly and the cycle completes. When I open the dishwasher up, the water is drained out but dishes are still dirty (duh!) and the soap tab is sitting half-dissolved on the bottom of the tub.

As for the control panel, all the indicator lights are working normally per the owner's manual, and this behavior occurs no matter which cycle option I choose (e.g., normal, pot scrubber, rinse only, etc.). DW was purchased in 2009, so it's about 12 years old now.

Any thoughts on how to tackle this? I'm handy with a multimeter & tools, but I haven't messed with this dishwasher yet.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by user Sunday, April 18, 2021 10:51:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fix typos

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.