Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrianR1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 1:46:20 PM(UTC)
BrianR1

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Frididaire FGHS2631PF4A. The original ice maker was defective as the ice cubes would constantly get stuck as if the heater was not working correctly. I replaced the ice maker about 2 years ago with a "After Market" maker that game from a very big parts supply store. Everything worked great for 2 years. Recently, teh ice maker would not stop making Ice even after the bin was full. I could turn off the maker and it would stop. I could turn it back on, and it would make Ice Again. I decided to replace the ice maker again. I went back to the same large supply ice (McCombs) and got a new maker. I replaced the maker and now NOTHIING. I even took the new one out and put the old one back and still NOTHING. In the past, soon after you plug the ice maker in, teh water would come down the shut but this time, NOTHING. I unplugged the fridge for 5 mins in an attemnpt to maybe reset the Fridge and NOTHING. Does anyone have any ideas? maybe I broke a wire when unplugging the ice maker.
Is there anyway I can take an Ohm Meter and conduct any tests on the plug inside the fridge or on the ice maker? This fridge is only 5 years old but we had to purchase the Frigidaire package with our new home purchase. We are not happy with the Frigidaire appliances. Miss our GE's Any help would be GREAT
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.