Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
InkMing  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 9:41:35 AM(UTC)
InkMing

Groups: Registered
United States

Recently we noticed when we were pulling clothes out of the dryer, hours after it was done running, that they were quite warm. Seems like the side of the dryer that is next to where the heating element is, was quite warm too. Right now we turn the circuit breaker in the fuse panel off when we are not using the dryer.

I researched it and seems like the most common cause is the heating element is grounding out somewhere. I bought a new unit and put that in there and once I flipped the breaker, I could hear the element heating up and could feel heat coming out of the open dryer door.

On this particular model, the heating element is a whole unit. Good and bad. Good being I replaced some additional parts by buying a new unit, bad being it didn't help the issue.

One other thing I have seen that might cause this, is the centrifugal switch on the motor going bad or getting stuck. I am leaning towards this now, because even though the element seems to stay on most times, there have been some times where it has actually turned off and the unit was cool.

Thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.