Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
captiveinflorida  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 12:31:57 PM(UTC)
captiveinflorida

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Couldn't advance timer with the top knob. can advance it with holding bottom knob and rotating it. so figured i needed to replace top knob. bought one that says goes with my maytag washer model # mtw5840tw0. but now i can't get that top knob off in order to put the new one on. i watched a number of videos and followed directions but knob will not come off. it says to grasp the underside plastic pin with needlenose and then pull knob off...does not come off. then another vid said push screwdriver into the plastic pin to hold in place then pull knob, doesn't work either. then tried holding bottom know down and rotate top knob counterclockwise and it unscrews off. nope, nada, it is stuck!! Any advise please!! thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.