Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mdavid1955  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 1:12:51 PM(UTC)
Mdavid1955

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello

I have a LG front loading washer. The drain pump (4681EA2001T) keeps failing.(OE error) The impellers break off the motor shaft. There is never any debris in the filter/pump housing other lint. I've checked the drain hose to obstructions,including blowing air thru.(none found) My question...Is something that causes the pump to fail so often? Are the pumps just that cheaply made? Is there a "super pump" replacement out there somewhere?

Any advice welcome
Mark.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

hoobajoob  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 7:14:12 PM(UTC)
hoobajoob

Mexico

I'm running into the same issue. This guy made a video showing the issue and replacing the pump.

I'm on my 4th motor and there's never any debris in the filter. I feel like it's a flaw in the connection to the impeller. I tried using epoxy to put the impeller back on, but it didn't hold very long.

I think it's time to replace this thing, but thought I'd just lament with you.
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2023 2:32:57 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same problem. I'm now ordering my 5th pump. Last one only lasted about 18 months. Crappy design. Shame on the engineer.
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2023 10:19:22 AM(UTC)

United States

A super pump is much needed, I'm on my 6th pump. Luckily it's a cheap part and fairly simple replacement. But soooo annoying.
Guest JW  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2023 4:02:16 PM(UTC)

United States

Same issue. Motor is fine-- crap material for the impeller. Epoxy typically will not adhere to polyethylene/ polypropylene, which I believe the impeller is made of. Need an aluminum replacement.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2023 5:47:59 PM(UTC)

United States

So after tearing one of these ASKOLL pumps apart, I’ve noticed that the impeller drive from the motor shaft is a clogged brass piece. However the impeller itself is plastic, all plastic! On new pumps, by design, there is play in the impeller between the plastic and the brass drive. Why I do not know or understand, I believe maybe to help allow the motor to find direction without water resistance… 🤷🏻‍♂️ but that doesn’t make sense either because the pump, by design, can pump water either direction it spins… Anywho, this play is the clicking / chattering sound when the pump first starts even when new!.!. This causes the brass to hammer the plastic impeller back and forth every time the pump starts!!! I am going to experiment on my new cheap replacement pump. I’m going to pop off the impeller right out of the box and glue the impeller onto the brass drive with JB weld. Hopefully just enough to fill the void between the brass drive and the plastic impeller. Maybe this will keep the impeller from prematurely wearing out and or cracking apart (like mine did) from all the hammering it goes through. My ASKOLL pump was replaced September of 2022, and here we are again 14 months later with another good motor but broken impeller. I’m thinking that doing this to the new pump there will be enough “meat” on the new plastic impeller cog that the JB weld will be able to stop and hold the impeller tight to the brass drive. This may very well solve the problems of the impeller failing, or at least I will learn first hand why they designed it to be loosely fitted in the first place. 🤣🤞
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 8:21:01 AM(UTC)

United States

try to make small hole (small Drill bit to use) to the impeller and the shaft then put a dowell into the hole
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2023 7:08:31 AM(UTC)

United States

I've had the same issue as everyone else - the impeller breaking off. I'm currently on my 2nd replacement impeller. For the third go-around, which I'm sure will come soon, I made a beefed up, 3d printed impeller. I used PETG as the material.

Here's the files on grabCAD. --) https://grabcad.com/libr...er-drain-pump-impeller-1

Hope it helps someone out..

Kevin
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2023 4:44:56 AM(UTC)

United States

Same here . Ours is going out for 3rd or 4th time. The hot water inlet went out 2 years ago didn't replace it because we don't use hot water but the cold water inlet has went out 2 times. The washer was 1700 dollers. We're not happy with this thing at all.
#10 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2023 6:50:35 AM(UTC)

United States

LG should refund us all the money!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply