Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jswNV  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 10:24:50 AM(UTC)
jswNV

Groups: Registered
United States

We purchased a new Frigidaire combo FLCE7522AW with electric dryer for our condo. We ran 2 loads of laundry with no problem. On the third load the dryer started then shut off after about 1 minute and a red light came on over the Start/Pause switch. I could not find any mention of what the red light indicates in the User Manual. Since this was a new unit we returned it thinking it was faulty. Well the replacement unit did the same exact thing, two loads washed and dried then on the third load the dryer shut off after about one minute with the red light again.
So, thinking it could be a clogged dryer vent I bought a duct clean out kit and ran it up the vent pipe dislodging a considerable amount of lint. After cleaning up the mess I ran the dryer empty for about ten minutes and it worked fine. Well, my daughter did two more loads washed and dried then again on the third load, the dryer stopped running again about one minute after starting. 3rd time the hex?
I'm stumped at this stage. The existing dryer vent line seems to run vertically up through the roof and I'm wondering if there may still be an obstruction causing the dryer to overheat; but why always on the third load? Also the previous dryer on a Maytag combo unit, about 25 years old, didn't have any problems running with the existing vent.
Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.