Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerryross  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 2:01:52 PM(UTC)
jerryross

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello all,

I would normally call a repair service for this issue, but with COVID-19 I am not comfortable with it as my wife and I are both high risk and we live in a small studio.

I have the above small refrigerator from Whirlpool. The motor in the freezer has started to make considerable noise when it runs. Preceding that we noticed the freezer was starting to collect frost on the sides, top and bins. It has also started to collect water under the crisper. In the top center of the refrigerator, along the back wall we noticed water dripping out of the panel, so we put a container there to catch the water, which ends up freezing. We have the refrigerator sitting with 3 inches of clearance behind it, and our studio is air conditioned.

The freezer is about 2/3 full, we have space between the items and the back panel with the holes in it. The refrigerator has something on each shelf, the crisper has the most items in it.

My neighbor has the same refrigerator and he said when the repair service came they took the panel off the back wall of the freezer and cleaned out a drain and that a hose was bent.

I hope this is something I can repair myself. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.