Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NateS  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:34:42 PM(UTC)
NateS

Groups: Registered
United States

Have a year old Maytag dishwasher that is having issues. The spray arm is not spinning again that is mounted on the bottom of the top rack. Last time this was the issue I thought it was the filters. I cleaned a lot of gunk and unused soap from the filters and trap but that was not it. Turns out the manifold endcap that has the hole for the middle arm had fallen off. I glued that back on and it worked great. Then the middle metal bracket that is GLUED to the stainless body popped off which caused an alignment issue with the top rack manifold. I "fixed" that. Again the washer worked great.

Now its doing it again. I have pulled everything off, checked the manifold cap, alignment, checked the filter and everything is clean. So now...I think it may be low water pressure in general. Water sprays but its just not enough to get the middle to spin.

Just to be sure there is a screen mesh (item 1 from drawing) and the plastic two piece protector (item 5). I see no other filters to clean.

Does anyone know which pump supplies the pressure and is it possible to test it? Is it in the back or bottom of the dishwasher?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.