Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rsilk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:21:47 PM(UTC)
rsilk

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch SHE3ARF5UC/14 that is about three years old. The display is flashing the cycle time (1:59), but none of the buttons respond. Pressing Start does nothing. I was able to pull up the error codes, which were as follows:
[LIST=1]
  • E00
  • E11
  • E00
  • E00
  • E00
  • E00[/LIST]First of all, I tried to reset the display by holding the Start button, which did nothing. I shut off power to the dishwasher at the breaker box and left it off for over five minutes. Again, no change. I also cleaned the filter and made sure that the impeller in the sump could spin freely.

The on-off switch works fine (the display powers on and off accordingly). For what it's worth, I did a visual inspection of the control board, and it looks pristine. All of the buttons feel crisp and show no deterioration.

The door latches firmly and has no play. Apparently this model uses a "hall sensor" rather than a door switch, and I was not sure how to inspect this.

I haven't found a complete list of error codes for this specific model, but with various other Bosch models, E11 indicates a problem with the heat pump/thermistor/thermal sensor/thermostat. Unfortunately my model has the heat pump, which is of course the most expensive of those options. I'm hoping the actual problem is something cheaper ... and simpler.

Is it significant that the only error code is in the second memory slot? I was wondering if the first slot being clear of errors means that the E11 warning isn't currently a problem (meaning the real problem is something easy like the control board).

Should I find a way to access the heat pump and test it? Or is there some other diagnostic test I should be doing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Sponsor
    See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.