Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Libboo  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:51:02 AM(UTC)
Libboo

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Model GB2SHDXTS02 / S/N KY1331093

Refrigerator section does not cool but bottom freezer is cooling and making ice but is freezing up. I have replaced the capacitor, the control (jazz) board, and most recently, the damper assembly control. The damper was damaged but that was not the issue apparently! I am at a loss. I am pretty sure the evaporator fan/motor is working (pretty sure) but I am aware that it could also be the thermistor or the bimetal defroster. We have a borrowed fridge that has its own problems and won\'t last much longer! Please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 10:29:26 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
It sounds like a defrost problem to me. Have you checked the defrost heater or defrost bi-metal?

Parts 10 and 14 on this part diagram.
Parts for Whirlpool GB2SHDXTS02: Unit Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

If the freezer coils are full of frost, that would prevent cold air from being blown into the fresh food section.
Libboo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 8:27:14 AM(UTC)
Libboo

I haven't checked those specifically. As much as I have found out about my fridge I don't know all! Do I need to check it unplugged and defrosted? This would seem to defeat the purpose. And getting into that section of the freezer looks daunting as I can find no diagrams or schematics to access that area with out breaking anything. Could you give me s basic step by step or refer me to something that can? I supe appreciate it and am pretty much ready to take it out to a field and put it down Office Space style. While not logical it would be immensely satisfying! Thanks again and look forward to hearing back from you!
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:46:10 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Watch these videos and see if they look like your refrig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHr1WWJvT0

Refrigerator Thermistor Kit (part #12002355) - How To Replace

To check the bi-metal also known as a defrost termination thermostat, it has to be frozen. The element can be tested warm or cold.
Libboo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:51:07 PM(UTC)
Libboo

The first video does look like mine, without the French doors. The second, not so much. My husband has a multimeter so I will check both and get back to you. I need to check the heater element and the bimetal defrost thingy. What about the thermistor? What ranges am I looking for? Thanks again for the help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply