Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
neustkg  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:46:15 PM(UTC)
neustkg

Groups: Registered

My Bosch Nexxt 500 Series front loading washer just started leaking yesterday. It is a pretty fast leak, too. I know it is not the drain pump as I took the cover off the drain pump and shined a flashlight under the washer. The best way to describe where the leak is coming from is approximately 8-10 inches from the left and 6 - 8 inches from the back. I put it on the drain and spin cycle and saw it leaking maybe 1 drip every 4 to 6 seconds.

Is this repairable without parts (kind of doubt this) or what parts are probably needed and what is the price? The washer is 10 years old and I've already spent about $125 to repair it (drain pump and cold water inlet valve), so if the price of the part is prohibitive, I might just opt for a new washer as I have $200 in Lowe's gift cards. I did see a Maytag and Whirlpool front loading washer there for $719 (4.5 gallon capacity), which is less than I paid for the Bosch 10 years ago. I might opt for another Bosch, but nothing but 2.5 gallon washers there right now, which is too small for our family.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.