Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Geoff Hess  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:31:32 AM(UTC)
Geoff Hess

Groups: Registered

This post is for a Jenn-Air bottom freezer, french door refrigerator model JFC2087HRS.
Last week, my refrigerator compartment was warm, but my freezer was cold. Frost was building up on the freezer compartment back panel. I removed the panel: lots of ice and frost on the evaporator coils. I defrosted it with a hair dryer and removed the evaporator heater and defrost thermostat. The heater checked ok for continuity. After placing the thermostat into my other freezer for about 30 minutes, I checked for continuity, and there was continuity. (I did not check the freezer thermistor.) After reassembling everything, cold air was getting up to the fresh food compartment. Now, the problem is reoccurring; frost buildup on the back of the freezer compartment and the fresh food compartment is warm.

Could the thermistor be the culprit? How do I check at the control board, so that I don't have to cut the wires to the thermistor? (I have the wiring diagram, but I don't know which pins on the connector to probe for a resistance check. My tech sheet gives me the resistance specs at 77 degrees F (10K ohms), 36 degrees F (29.5K ohms), and 0 degrees F (86.3K ohms).)

If the thermistor checks ok, how do I test the control board? Obviously, I don't want to order the control board if the thermistor is bad. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.