Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slevy951  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 11:02:05 AM(UTC)
slevy951

Groups: Registered

Was working on Mom's fridge because freezer wasn't freezing. Took freezer apart and found loose wire on evap motor and coils froze over. Hooked wire back up and defrosted coils and it's cooling as it should now. BUT, now nothing on the door works. I mean nothing. No lights. It won't dispense ice/water. No reaction from any buttons. It is making ice, bucket is full. Is there a reset button combo? Did I kill the door control board?

TIA,
Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 9:21:05 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Verify proper operation of the door light switch. If the unit thinks the door is open it will disable dispenser. Usually that also stops evap fan motor but that unit might go into emergency cool and run the fan 100% if temps get too high. If you can get the switch out of it's hole you can jump across the terminals to simulate the closed switch

Did you remove the door to do the work, maybe left it unplugged? I'm not sure if the wiring comes through the top or bottom hinge on that one, but it's worth checking, if you removed the door. I think it is the bottom hinge behind toekick.
slevy951  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:07:05 AM(UTC)
slevy951

Yep, both door switches work. I opened freezer door, manually actuated the switch, light goes on/off with switch. Did the same on refridge side.
slevy951  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:12:39 AM(UTC)
slevy951

Oh, no, I didn't take the door off.
PNWDrew  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:44:15 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Sorry to leave you hanging; work has been rough recently.

If the light switches work things get more complex.
Too loose the whole dispenser function would lead me to start looking for connection issues. Find where the harness for the door joins the cabinet, through either top or bottom hinge. If nothing obvious then we'd need to start electrical checks.

I don't have a schematic for this unit but I'd like to know if the dispenser board is getting power. In general if a board is powered and not functioning it's dead but that's not always the case so it's worth checking.

If I can get a free moment tomorrow I'll try to remember to take a look at a wiring diagram.
slevy951  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 4:42:07 AM(UTC)
slevy951

Thanks for getting back. I looked on the bottom and the condenser coil was covered in dust. I cleaned it but the freezer failed to cool again. With this issue combined with the door control, we just got a new one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply