Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris McCain  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 8:06:45 AM(UTC)
Chris McCain

Groups: Registered

My dryer flipped the circuit breaker in the garage a few days ago. I flipped the circuit breaker back on and plugged the dryer back into the wall outlet. I pushed the start button on the dryer and this flipped the master breaker to the entire house. I checked the dryer and found that the two wires coming off of the heating element had fused together. I replaced these wires and found that the dryer was getting very hot when it was not even running. I have since replaced the heating element, cycling thermostat, thermal fuse, hi limit thermostat & thermal cut off. I had already ordered these parts before I purchased a multimeter. I tested all of the old parts for continuity and couldn't find any issues. There are no venting issues as everything has been recently checked and cleaned.

The top & sides of the dryer still get very hot when it is plugged in and not turned on. I carefully monitored a load of clothes on the delicate & the high heat settings and the clothes dried fine. The outside of the dryer is not hot when the dryer is running. This only happens when you plug it in. Something is causing the heating element to heat up right after the unit is plugged in. Could something inside of the timer be bad?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.