Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kyle_couillard  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 5:45:56 AM(UTC)
kyle_couillard

Groups: Registered

I am house sitting for my aunt and uncle and near the end of the drying cycle it started to get very loud. Any Ideas on what could be wrong? Hopefully someone can tell by the noise. I'd like to try to fix it before they get home. Thanks for your help! Heres the youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew1y_UggnQE
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

manfred63  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 7:45:00 AM(UTC)
manfred63

Groups: Registered

No doubt, that is a horrible sound! OK, 1st guess is the belt has split a part of its self loose, and it could be flapping around, slapping the inside walls of the dryer is it goes around. Solution would be to replace the belt of course. Also, should replace the belt tensioner at same time. On this model, the tensioner is bad about coming apart, and it might actually be what damaged the belt. Have to take it apart to know for sure, so you can see the belt and the tensioner wheel. If they are not the problem, then check the drum support wheels, see if one is frozen in place, or has a flat spot worn onto the wheel that would make the noise as it is spinning and making contact with the drum. Again, you would have to take machine apart to inspect them, including removing the drum to see the support wheels.
Ken's Appliance Repair
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply