Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lewisl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:10:00 AM(UTC)
lewisl

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I've been having issues with the bottom freezer not cooling, which sometimes lowers the top refrigerator temperature. The freezer temperature goes as high as 45 degrees, and the refrigerator part hovers between 37-45 degrees. There are occasional clicking noises in the back of the fridge. It clicks once, then a few seconds later clicks again.

I tested the control board with a multimeter using the attached schematic. The "Main supply to motherboard J11" tested to have no voltage, so I replaced the control board. The temps went back to normal after a few hours, but the next day the temps on both the freezer and fridge went up to 45 degrees. The back of the fridge where the compressor is located is unusually hot.

I read online that it could be the defrost heater, so I took off the freezer back panel to check if the the coils are iced up. Took me a while to remove everything (maybe 30 minutes), but found no ice on the coils. It was dripping water tho, so maybe I took too long.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Thanks!
lewisl attached the following image(s):
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0064.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.