Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cachaco  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:14:31 PM(UTC)
cachaco

Groups: Registered

My laundry room got flooded with 1.5 feet of water and my washing machine is not working anymore. Machine was previously working fine and unplugged right before the flooding started in the basement but motor probably went under water and now washing machine is unable to start.
Waited a week for it to dry out but now nothing happens after plugging it to the electrical outlet, water does NOT even starts running to fill up the machine. Please note that power is available at the outlet and no CB are tripping; also both H/C water are available to the machine but does not start to run inside.
Washer did not have any problem before flooding and lid closes just fine....
What should I do in order to try and start my washing machine again?
I have good electrical and mechanical skills.
Need to impress and make the wife happy again.... ;-)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:03:32 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

So nothing at all happens when you try to start it? Try starting it in spin and see if there's any life there.

This is going to be a tough one to diagnose I think.
In any normal cycle I'd expect it to fill before it tries to turn the agitator.

Unplug the machine. There are 2 screws at the bottom of the front panel, remove them and the panel will slide down and come off. Look for any obvious corroded wires, copper turns green when exposed to water and can degrade quickly. The moisture can corrode contacts in the timer and other switches that didn't actually get wet.

I know you say that power is ok at the outlet but I'd have to start at the beginning. I've had many customers say the power supply was ok when it wasn't. No reflection on your abilities but that's just where you start.

So if a quick check didn't reveal anything my process would be to verify 120v at the outlet, between the two vertical terminals. If there than verify that there is 120v inside the control area; between black and white I think.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply