Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
c.marvin077  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 8:02:28 AM(UTC)
c.marvin077

Groups: Registered

Hello all, This is my 1st post here and I hope its in the correct place. I have a GE side by side modle # PSS25MGMAWW that i have been having issues with. First off the water inlet valve was leaking from the body so I replaced it with a new GE replacement valve ( both primary and secondary ), I also replaced the filter with a off brand colleigan MWF replacement . The leak stopped and I ran about 2 or so gallons of water threw with no issues at all. we haven't used the water or ice maker in about 5 years so I replaced all the lines that I could and ran about 2 more gallons threw the system with no problems at all. I woke up this morning and went to get a nice cold drink or water but nothing, nota zilch ( just a very small drip when I looked up at the water outlet) . I can hear the click but no water, also no ice is being made, but I noticed the light is not on next to where you turn the ice maker on and off ( I'm 99% sure it was on before I took everything apart).. I might of not plunged in in all the way when I disassembled the freezer for inspection when I had my 2nd issue arise?. My 2nd issue is my evap fan was making a nasty squelching loud humming noise, I unplugged and took the freezer apart to inspect the fan and motor, did all the testing on the J2 connector and everything is in spec that I can tell from the test sequence from the forum. I know I should probably replace my motherboard and evap fan motor, however it is running great at this point.
Sry for the long post , I just want to know what my best course of action is from this point. I'm spending a small fortune and want this dam water dispenser, ice maker to work as it should. And as far as the motherboard and evap fan motor goes, its running quiet and freezing and cooling as it should after a unplug and inspection, re plugin and tested as per J2 connector.
Thanks everyone, I appropriate any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.