Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NaliKawi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 11:24:16 AM(UTC)
NaliKawi

Groups: Registered

Receiving error code E71, outlet control thermistor or wiring defective. Have checked thermistor, was in range at 5.66K Ohm (between 4.9K Ohm and 6.2K Ohm), checked wire leading from thermistor to control board, read 5.66K Ohm. Checked continuity of wire (disconnected from thermistor and control board), no resistance found in each individual wire, and infinite resistance found between the two wires. Replaced thermistor and control board with no change. Inspected outlet control thermistor wires, found no kinks, breaks, etc. Reset error code after each attempted repair. Dryer will run for a few seconds, then shut off with error code E71. Tech manual describes checking for open circuit - if that is something other than checking for continuity, I don't know that that is. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.