Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jrehmeyer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:07:07 AM(UTC)
jrehmeyer

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher has been stinky. The inside is quite dirty, far more than it should be. There's a kind of brown slime on everything -- mostly in crevices where the water doesn't reach with full force, but some even on open surfaces. I've removed the filter that fits on top, above where the chopper assembly is, and it's utterly filthy in there -- I was literally grabbing handfuls of this brown slime. There's also a small amount of water that didn't drain, but you can only see it when you take things apart. There's not enough to be visible in the bottom of the dishwasher when it's put together.

Any idea what would cause that? I replace the chopper blade around two years ago, and I replaced the motor that drives it about 7 months ago -- but of course, it could have failed again.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.