Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kparker1028  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 9:15:02 AM(UTC)
kparker1028

Groups: Registered

I have already replaced the timer once in my dryer, and that fixed the problem, but has anyone heard of a timer that will stop halfway through a cycle, but then a week later it will work again? I bought another timer to put in, but a week later before I've even gotten my timer in the mail, the dryer is back to working normally.. has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kparker1028  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 9:19:31 AM(UTC)
kparker1028

test reply
colbey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:11:18 PM(UTC)
colbey

when did you replace the timer? and why? was it a new timer that you put in before?

do you mean that the timer stopped, and so the cycle didn't complete? but now, a cycle will complete? are the clothes dry then?
kparker1028  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:08:54 PM(UTC)
kparker1028

I replaced the timer the first time about 6 months ago. started having the same issue a couple weeks ago, so ordered another timer, but then the cycles started working again before I put the new timer in. The first timer was replaced because the cycle would stop halfway through and clothes would not be dry. the dryer was still getting heat, just shutting off before the cycle was complete. the new timer fixed it. It started doing it again a couple weeks ago, not completing a cycle, so ordered another timer, but then started working again on all cycles before I changed the timer again.
colbey  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:55:20 PM(UTC)
colbey

so questions might be:
1- why a new timer, apparently, began having problems in only 6 months.
2- if there's a short somewhere that could be causing either the problem with cycles not completing, or a problem with the timer causing the cycles to not complete. or both.
3- if such a short exists, how/why it's intermittent, and where is it/how to fix it.

is the dryer stable? meaning, it's not bumping or thumping around so that things could be jarred loose?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply