Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Byrdson  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 10:34:48 AM(UTC)
Byrdson

Groups: Registered

I've done my research and read previous posts, but none are within 5 years. I want to verify and hopefully repair this issue and, of course, benefit others.

Model: ARGS7650SS (natural gas oven)
Mfg: P1130765NSS
Serial: 0011248891
Pic: 1102040303

My Amana gas oven display operates normally for all range top cooking, but the oven doesn't stay on and the entire front panel display goes dark (and silent) when the oven is heated up (typically higher temperatures). After it cools down, the display returns and all oven functions are back, but it will happen over and over if I try to heat up the oven. The clock seems to fall behind those minutes it is blank, so the clock needs to be adjusted to reflect the current time.

From my reading and research here, I believe there are two (2) parts that need to be replaced:

The Fan limit switch and the Control limit switch.

Yes, no, maybe? Those parts seems to be in rare supply, at best. I have basic tools, but no multimeter and zero electrical experience. I don't think I've heard a fan of any kind come on with that oven, if there is one. I could be wrong, but maybe the fan limit switch is bad, causing the fan to not come on, which shuts down the oven and display because the oven is too hot? Just my layman thoughts.

Thank you very kindly for your replies and comments.

Byrdson
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.