Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rpdandy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 3:24:37 PM(UTC)
rpdandy

Groups: Registered

Frigidaire broiler element not working. Initially the oven wasn't working at all. Neither burner was heating up. I pulled the oven out and pressed the button on the temp fuse and the bake element worked but the broiler element still not working so I ordered a new one. Big mistake. Should have tested for continuity.
The broiler element still isn't working and I just paid for a new one. My question now is what do I need to test now in order to diagnose my problem? I replaced the control panel a few years back and the bake element is working now so I am hoping I won't have to replace the control again so soon. Help me please!!!!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cbmserviceguy  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 6:25:04 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Groups: Registered

There are two lines of power into your oven. L1 and L2. Both lines need to make their way to the element for it to function. What you need to do is determine where you are losing power. The easiest place to start is the control board. Open it up, disconnect the broiler wire from the relay (yellow I believe) and put the unit into broil. Probe the relay where the wire was disconnected and ground. You should have 120vac coming out of the relay. If you do not, but bake still works, you need a new board. Be careful when doing this test as the wiring is powered. Disconnect power before taking it apart and only power on for the voltage test, then disconnect again. Repost and let us know what you come up with please. Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply