Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeyMac  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 12:01:24 PM(UTC)
JoeyMac

Groups: Registered

I have a GE HydroWave top load clothes washer that I think is probably about 5 years old. My wife says it just stopped working a couple days ago and it doesn't do anything when you hit the start button. Following the field service mode diagnostic instructions in THIS VIDEO, my washer shows a Thermistor Error Code (knob position #2, wash light illuminated). No other error codes were evident on in the field service mode.

I am quite handy so I intend to fix this myself, if possible. The problem is, I'm not turning up much info on thermistor errors using the internet. So:

a) Where is the broken thermistor located on my washer?
b) Where can I get the replacement part?
c) how much will this cost to fix myself versus just calling a repairman?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JoeyMac  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 6:31:57 AM(UTC)
JoeyMac

So after a little more trouble shooting, when I measured the leads of the thermistor I got 3.7k Ohm on a part that is suposed ot be 47k Ohm @ 77F. So I'm pretty sure my problem is just the

I also found the part:
GE WH12X10410 Probe Sensor Atc - AppliancePartsPros.com

GE calls it a Probe Sensor ATC, despite the fact that it's a thermistor and the field service error code even calls out "thermistor error". So my problem in finding the part was assuming that a thermistor would actually be called a thermistor. :rolleyes:

If I can't find one locally, I think I'll swing by radioshack and grab a 47kOhm resistor for a few cents to see if I can spoof the machine into starting up. If that works then I'll know thats the problem for sure and waste time ordering one online.
tstarr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:32:54 AM(UTC)
tstarr

JoeyMac ~ I hope you get this.
Did you replace the therm and did it resolve your issue?
I wrote a longer reply, but the system wouldn't post it so I am trying one with just the question first.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 5:08:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
tstarr,

I do not think that the problem with Hydrowave GE washer not doing anything can be connected to the thermistor, which controls only incoming water temperature.

Post the model number of your washer and detailed description on the problem and we will try to help you.
cwchang26  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 4:15:34 PM(UTC)
cwchang26

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
tstarr,

I do not think that the problem with Hydrowave GE washer not doing anything can be connected to the thermistor, which controls only incoming water temperature.

Post the model number of your washer and detailed description on the problem and we will try to help you.

I have the same problem and the diagnostic error code showed thermistor and no fill errors. Not sure how to get them fixed? It's a GE model GTWN4950LOWS.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 6:00:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You have to measure the thermistor (ATC probe sensor) resistance. It is shown as #25 on the diagram. You can do it at the sensor connection to the control.

Post the results.
rxjules  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2023 8:25:04 AM(UTC)
rxjules

United States

Hi,

I know this thread is very old but I had the same issue recently with an error code for bad ATC probe sensor. But the part listed earlier in this thread has been discontinued by GE. The new part number is: WH12X10532

The new sensor part number fits perfectly in the spray funnel and has the same specs 47K ohm at 77 degrees, but the connector is different. So you have to cut the new style connectors off and crimp them onto the older style in your washer. Hope this helps people.

Be well, Jules
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply