Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skyledavis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:39:35 PM(UTC)
skyledavis

Groups: Registered

I just finished replacing a blown thermal fuse. I'm not a particularly handy person myself, but I was able to find a video that took me step by step. I disassembled everything, even removing the drum to get to the fuse. Replaced it, put everything back together, and turned it on and it runs! Yay!

However, as soon as I went to put a bunch of cloths in, the dryer makes a spinning noise but won't spin. It spins when empty or with just a few things in, but not with clothes. And as you add more clothes, it slows down (so a scale, where more weight slows and then stops).

Not sure what happened. The belt SEEMS to be on right. The drum SEEMS to be on the front and back rollers. But not spinning.

Anyone have a suggestion??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:08:27 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would suggest rechecking the belt placement especially with how its placed around the idler pulley. Is the idler pulley back in place correctly?
skyledavis  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:42:03 AM(UTC)
skyledavis

I finally figured it out. You were right about the belt. I had it right on the rollers, but accidentally flipped it so it was groove-down instead of groove-up. It took a while to realize that was the problem because I couldn't see the pulley system (behind the motor) and was going on feel.

So, that's my recommendation if anyone encounters this problem. For my dryer, it's groove-down. After the fact, I realized I could see the groove marks on my drum from before the repair, so I should have known sooner. But at least it's working!
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:49:42 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We are glad to hear that the problem is solved!
Thank you for the update and comments. I'm sure others will benefit from what you found out.......
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply