Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brianjg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:26:13 PM(UTC)
brianjg

Groups: Registered

Once again after a heavy load (towels) washer would not agitate or spin. Happened once before under same conditions. Reset motor and worked fine. This time reset does not work, here is what I have done (read many posts on this issue) I have normal green LED flashes on invertor so its not the fusible link and no trouble codes showing (1 sec. on and off blink), I have bypassed lid switch. I can turn the belt on the motor freely.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks much
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 5:09:43 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When you attempt to run it through a cycle do you hear the motor run at all? Do you hear it attempting to shift in or out of agitate/spin mode. Can you determine if the motor is doing anything. If the motor isn't doing anything at all, sensing for agitate/spin or spinning when set to drain spin I suspect the motor may be bad. As you stated it had issues when under duress (heavy load of towels).
Having reset the error code it might be the motor is not working or is not receiving power to work. If you have not done so unplug and replug in all connections. Also check for 120v at red/black wires at motor circuit board.
brianjg  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:35:49 AM(UTC)
brianjg

@brobriffin, the motor does sound like there might be a click at the start of the agitate and spin cycles. I don't hear any noise in the agitate cycle and when in spin I hear a humming but that is likely the pump. I assumed there was power because the LED was working. Is it possible there is not correct power even with LED on? I will check for 120 volts at the red/black wire.l
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:06:55 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Try running it with the front panel off and watch to see if the motor works at all (moves the pulley) while trying to shift into agitation mode. It should rotate left and right to disengage the sprocket to agitate. If you see no movement in the motor at all and you do have 120v at the wiring harness then it sounds like its time for a new motor. You can purchase one right here at APP GE WH20X10076 Motor,inverter,electr - AppliancePartsPros.com
Remember our 365 day Buy & Try policy. If this solves your problem great, if not you can return it for a refund.
brianjg  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:09:24 AM(UTC)
brianjg

@brobriffin I have 120VAC between red/blk and white/red wires on the harness. I have 65 ohms between pins on the mode shifter harness. I have 12+ DCV between purple wire and all others on the far right harness.

No LED trouble codes.

Thanks for your time and attention on this.
brianjg  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:32:55 PM(UTC)
brianjg

$250 for a new motor or $440 (on sale) for a new Whirlpool HE washer. I chose the new washer. With the $105 dollars in gift cards I had from the hardware store the new washer was just $330 "out-of-pocket".
brobriffin  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:51:52 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Hey Brian,
Good for you, by the way I am Bryan!
Sometimes the smarter / cheaper decision is replace not repair....
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply