Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hoppymerlin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:19:34 AM(UTC)
hoppymerlin

Groups: Registered

The dryer in our stackable unit is leaving black marks and the occasional tear/hole in clothing.

After looking inside the drum, it would appear that there is a space between the drum and the felt seal at the bottom of the drum. The drum itself moves back and forth, up and down, if I push in it.

Would this be a seal replacement issue? Or does the drum need to be tightened somehow?

Next question would be how do I start with either of these repairs?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 12:30:13 PM(UTC)
thorning

Groups: Registered

The drum in almost any dryer has to have a little room to move in and out as it rotates but sounds like yours is very sloppy. If you have not already taken the drum out you should do so and check the seal . It may have just worn out. Some of these are replaceable but must be glued in place. A new seal if available should come with instructions and hopefully contact cement to install it . I have done it and it takes quite a bit of patience and I usually use the old spring loaded clothes pins (it takes a lot of them) to hold the seal in place while the cement dries. Allow several hours of drying time.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply