Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pburd89  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 1:36:17 PM(UTC)
pburd89

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that's leaking from the bottom of the door, it leaks from both corners. I get suds and water on the floor. I just replaced the door seal thinking it would fix the issue but there is little to no change, i also tightened the screws on the inner door panel hoping that may have been the issue.

Thanks for any help,
Phil
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mostlysunny2011  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 7:14:19 PM(UTC)
mostlysunny2011

There shouldn't be much suds. Dishwashing soap doesn't suds up. Perhaps you have residue from the soap left when you washed off the dishes before you put the dishes in the dishwasher? Just my two cents. Best of luck!
pburd89  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 10:12:41 PM(UTC)
pburd89

The suds are not the issue, the dishwasher that is leaking water is. It shouldn't matter if I put dish soap in there(which I don't) it should not be leaking onto the floor. Is there another seal or gasket I should look at?
jwedel  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 4:18:37 PM(UTC)
jwedel

I had the same issue. It turned out that food particles had jammed the (flood) float. The float, when the water reaches a certain height stops the water flow. If the float stick the water flow doesn't stop. A good way to check for that is to see how deep the water is at the float housing. If it is over two inches or so it could be the float is jammed or the float switch isn't working. My experience tells me that it will rarely be the float switch, that type of switch rarely fails.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply