Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dobermann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:07:09 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

Groups: Registered

This puppy has been in storage for the last 10 or more years. It worked when we took it out and boxed it up. Tonight I was trying to reinstall it, and discovered two things.

1. I cannot for the life of me find the water intake connection! I have the installation manual, http://jennair.com/digit...on_%20Instruction_EN.pdf
but that is completely useless for showing where the intake is located (Pg 19). I have used my mirror to try to look up and under the front kick panel, but I see nothing that looks like a connection.

2. Power. I see that when the unit was originally installed, it was apparently hard wired vs using a power plug, or so I am guessing. I have two raw wires under the front kick panel, white & black. According to the installation manual, there should be a third wire coming out and attached to the grounding screw. There is no such grounding wire that I can see. Feeling the need for electrical safety, where do I connect the other end of a grounding wire on the unit (one end goes on the grounding screw per the picture in the manual but I don't know where the other one goes)? Could it be that the wire is actually still there in the original wire bundle and all I need to do is pick the correct color one, strip it and attach it?

UPDATE: Okay, upon closer examination, someone has taken the green wire from the bundle and screwed it into a different spot on the same metal part where the manual shows to ground it. So it should be properly grounded. Whew!

If anyone has any pictures, that would sure be useful!

Thanks!!
Dobermann
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.