Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Benson5oh  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 12:37:28 PM(UTC)
Benson5oh

Groups: Registered

I've owned my Maytag (MDB7749SBM2) for about 1 1/2 years. Here's the problem; the detergent door opens 10 to 23 seconds after pressing START button, therefore, releasing the detergent from the "main cycle" prematurely. All the detergent from the main cycle is being released too soon. This isn't normal operation for this dishwasher. It does not matter what cycle you use (Jet clean, normal, auto clean, etc), once you press the START button, 10 to 23 seconds later, you can hear the little detergent door swinging open. When I open the main door to the dishwasher and let it cool down a few minutes, the dispenser door latch suddenly becomes disengaged, allowing me to close the little dispenser door. Other that that, everything else works, the buttons on the panel work, I am not getting any blinking lights, all the dishwasher cycles work properly. And yes, I am familiar with the class action law suit involving this model where hundreds of folks were having issues with control panels that were rusting due to moisture. This is not the case with mine, at least not yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:35:08 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Maytag MDB7749SBM2 / Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

This may be a little tricky to trouble shoot.
The dispenser uses a wax motor so cooling down before it can re-latch would be normal.

I would disconnect the dispenser. making sure that it's connector cannot short to anything.
Then run a cycle.

If it opens early then you know that the dispenser is bad.

If it does not open then you know that the control board is the culprit at least I cannot think of anything else that would open it early.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Benson5oh  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:01:29 PM(UTC)
Benson5oh

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Parts for Maytag MDB7749SBM2 / Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

This may be a little tricky to trouble shoot.
The dispenser uses a wax motor so cooling down before it can re-latch would be normal.

I would disconnect the dispenser. making sure that it's connector cannot short to anything.
Then run a cycle.

If it opens early then you know that the dispenser is bad.

If it does not open then you know that the control board is the culprit at least I cannot think of anything else that would open it early.

I've been using the dishwasher as is and estimating when I think soap needs to be added since it was dispensing it prematurely from the MAIN cylce, however, in the last month or so, the buttons on the front panel, for example, Jet clean, normal, auto clean, start, resume, etc, no longer function. It can take a few hours to an entire day for it to function, but if you press a certain wash cycle, it may light up a different button, or all the buttons will light up. If a wash cycle does start as normal, it may or may not complete the cycle as it should. The whole thing has gone haywire making the dishwasher completely useless. When you say the control board may be the culprit, is this what controls the buttons on the front panel?
Whirlpool W10595570 Electronic Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com
2WheelPig  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:38:12 PM(UTC)
2WheelPig

I have the exact same model and the exact same problems - early soap dispensing and the buttons don't work like they should. Random lights illuminate when pushing cycle buttons. Sometimes I can get it to work by resetting it (pushing three buttons one at a time in the same sequence three times) and it works, except it still dispenses soap early. Unfortunately the resetting is working less and less.

I'm thinking of replacing the control board but don't want to just throw parts at it and hope. Do you have any updates?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply