Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bonerjamz03  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:17:17 PM(UTC)
bonerjamz03

Groups: Registered

Hello all, a fews days ago, I noticed the clothes were still soaking wet after running them through a wash. I ran an empty load today and while it filled up and drained ok, there was no movement of the drum when it is supposed to agitate or spin.

I checked the belt (looked OK). I tested the lid switch and continuity was fine, although I was able to open the lid anytime during the test wash without it shutting off. I then pulled the pump to check for blockages, checked inline fuses, tried the motor reset several times and then put it into field service mode to check for faults codes. There were none that came up or maybe I was reading it wrong? The schematics inside of the washer says that the motor inverter should have an led light on the side, but I didn't see one there. Or it's there and the motor is shot, I didn't pull the top cover off to investigate.

So I'm thinking it's either a bad motor, circuit board or a drive component I've yet to inspect. I gave up on it tonight so I figured I'd check here and see if anyone else has any idea what else it could be. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:26:23 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This machine is unduly complex, with an inverter that generates error codes on the motor. Here is a link as to how to interpret them, and try resetting it first as sometimes that is all that is needed. If you decide the repair is too expensive or too difficult replace it with a basic no frills NO ELECTRONICS!!! top loader.

Good luck.

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide
bonerjamz03  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:56:24 PM(UTC)
bonerjamz03

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
This machine is unduly complex, with an inverter that generates error codes on the motor. Here is a link as to how to interpret them, and try resetting it first as sometimes that is all that is needed. If you decide the repair is too expensive or too difficult replace it with a basic no frills NO ELECTRONICS!!! top loader.

Good luck.

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide

The led isn't blinking at all so I'm pretty sure the inverter is toast. Voltage is getting to it but it ain't doing anything. New motor is at least $200, I paid $500 for it 7 years ago. Time for a new washer lol.

I'm looking at a Speed Queen top loader. Seems like they are well built and have better warranties than any other brands that I've seen. Anybody have any experience with their durability/performance?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply