Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Luth  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 4:47:11 AM(UTC)
Luth

Groups: Registered

I have noted that I appreciate your assistance in solving this problem. Finding out that you do not work for Appliance parts makes me even more thnkful for your input. I will check on that dispenser as you suggested.
Luth  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 10:00:34 AM(UTC)
Luth

No continuity across the solenoid, not sure if manual check is opening dispenser door or I am pushing the correct spring to pop it open. However the original problem is present. The solenoid got hot enough to melt its coating and the plastic cover that goes over it. What could be causing this? It happened with the old dispenser and control board also.

It may be just too much for me to test for and repair.
denman  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 11:49:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]What could be causing this?
It may be just too much for me to test for and repair.[/COLOR]

It has me stumped also.
You have replaced the board and the solenoid which should have fixed the problem.
The only way I can see the solenoid overheating is if it is kept on for too long but the board is what controls this and that has been replaced so I am out of ideas.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Luth  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:34:58 AM(UTC)
Luth

My wife says she has noticed that the dishwasher itself seems to be very hot. She has turned off the drying part of the cycle a few times just because she thought things were too hot. Is it possible that the heat from the dishwasher ruined the solenoid?

Also, I took the time to look at past posts from other folks and this problem has occurred various times with the folks doing what I just did by replacing parts. The problem never completely cleared up on the 3 different posts I read. They either put soap in manually or some got a new machine.
denman  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:27:55 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]Is it possible that the heat from the dishwasher ruined the solenoid?[/COLOR]
I doubt it because the solenoid itself is over heating which indicates to me that it is staying on too long.
Also if there is too much heat up in the door the Non Re-settable Bi-metal (thermal fuse) (item 6 in section 02) should blow.
But I guess it is possible.

You could remove the high limit thermostat (item 25 in section 05) and heat up it's face on an electric stove etc. It should open at around 77 degrees C (171 F).
Though I think that this really only has an effect when the tub has water in it.

The same goes for the thermistor which should be about 50,000 ohms at room temperature.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply