Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
turbotribes  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:44:31 AM(UTC)
turbotribes

Groups: Registered

Side by side Whirlpool Fridge looks to be 05-98 on date code.
Icemaker is not making ice. No ice in the molding unit; seemed to be running.

Freezer is well below 20F - lowest my thermometer here goes.
Jumpered motor modular holes/test points. Jumper V&L and water inlet pump is working; even took hose off back of freezer and got good water stream (I did replace this pump just 2 years ago when it wasn't working, fyi). You can hear the motor calling for water to come, but don't think I hear it actually filling like I used to.
Do not seem to get water in the mold, but not sure exactly where it comes in to the unit.
Hmm, now I wonder also where all the water is going when it cycles??

Jumper T&H and it goes through all the cycle and everything seems to turn/move as it should - feeler arm or whatever the wire shutoff thing is, "ejection fingers", the white modular gear on front, etc. Goes through whole motions but of course there is no ice to dump.

So my guess is somewhere inside the freezer for the water inlet, but that all seems to be connected with a white tube from back of freezer to back of ice maker and not anywhere I can feel the actual water stream??

UPDATE: Just researched more and discovered the fill cup is supposed to be open at the top; it felt solid - it appears to be a solid mass of ice not plastic! The fill tube into the fill cup was frozen solid into it; that's why I couldn't feel anywhere water coming in. Trying to thaw it out right now to see what happens after this.

But WHY did that fill cup/fill tube freeze up?
Any more worries?
Will it work after this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.