Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
metolius22  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 7:30:58 PM(UTC)
metolius22

Groups: Registered

I'm hoping someone can assist with my troubleshooting of Ice build up on a Kenmore Side by side (model# 79551312014). I have exposed the back of panel of the fridge several times and defrosted it. It is currently heavily frosted. Reading many of the posts on troubleshooting defrost problems in the forums, I am at a loss when looking for similar components in my refrigerator. The label says MFG DATE: 2013.06. I can only guess this means June of 2013, so it really isn't too old, and I suspect some of the newer parts are different. I can seem to narrow it down to the:
1.) Refrigerator Control board-#6615JB2002R
2.) Refrigerator Defrost Heater - #MEE61843904
or 3.) Refrigerator Temperature Sensor - #6500JK1004A
[part #'s according to Sears parts direct, so likely over priced]

I have a multimeter, but all wires seem to junction at a single plug in the back upper part of the freezer. Any help in troubleshooting the correct part would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.