Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luvmylars  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:33:25 AM(UTC)
luvmylars

Groups: Registered

I suspect that the last load I did became imbalanced. I had done two loads previously with no problems. It wasn't more than other loads I have done in the past (it is a large capacity washer), but it had towels and washcloths, sheets, socks, and one very light blanket in it. When I went to put the load in the dryer, I noticed that the laundry was all still very wet. I tried to run the load on Rinse and Spin. It poured a little water into the load, proceeded to the next minute down on the timer, and then sat there, not spinning. It drained the water, and then still didn't spin, the minutes still counting down. I took everything out and was able to spin it manually. I attempted to run it again empty, and then with just one previously dry item. Same result... water poured in and drained, but no spinning. I read somewhere that the machine night need the motor reset (because of the imbalanced load). It was unplugged all night, but had the same problem this morning. What is the likely issue? TIA! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 11:13:27 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Take off the lower service panel and check the pump and drain lines for coins, debris etc. Clean everything out good.

If that doesn't fix it use the tech notes you should find inside there to put it into test/diagnostic mode and check for error codes and check the door lock assembly and speed/motor control board.
luvmylars  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 5:20:55 AM(UTC)
luvmylars

Emptied out coins and debris. Still not spinning. Error code E5E directs to test 11, check wiring between control and speed boards. Probably have to replace control and maybe speed board. :( Should I even bother trying to replace the wiring harness first?...
luvmylars  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 8:29:35 PM(UTC)
luvmylars

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Take off the lower service panel and check the pump and drain lines for coins, debris etc. Clean everything out good.

If that doesn't fix it use the tech notes you should find inside there to put it into test/diagnostic mode and check for error codes and check the door lock assembly and speed/motor control board.

Emptied out coins and debris. Still not spinning. Error code E5E directs to test 11, check wiring between control and speed boards. Probably have to replace control and maybe speed board. :( Should I even bother trying to replace the wiring harness first?...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply