Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phantomjet  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:17:13 PM(UTC)
phantomjet

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher leaves water in the sump after a wash cycle. I cleaned everything out. Took drain motor out and tested it on the bench, it ran fine. The motor will not run in the dishwasher. There is 120V across the motor wires. If I connect a 60W light bulb across the motor wires, the light bulb does not light. I replaced the control board with a servicable unit that a repairman let me use, this did not help. Anybody have a similar problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bac2010  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 7:32:26 AM(UTC)
bac2010

I have the same problem and replaced the drain pump although the one I replaced looked OK and wasn't restricted or binding. The new pump didn't work either and same noises persisted as with old drain pump so I'm thinking it is not the pump (unless I got unlucky). Appl pros here say to now replace motor pump assembly but I don't see the connection and that part is much more expensive and harder to replace.
CarolynE  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:02:52 PM(UTC)
CarolynE

Putting it out there. My kitchenaid stopped mid cycle. Left water at bottom. Pushing cancel button, although it lights up, does nothing. So "powering off" by hitting cancel button again. Then tried selecting normal wash and energy saver dry, then start. Blinks once as usually does to alert me that it got it. But close door and nothing. Again, nothing when pressing cancel. So there is power at the board, thermal fuse is fine. Then check continuity of door switches. One fine, the other a little iffy. I'm hoping it is a switch issue, as recently the door has been popping open a lot during cycle and maybe over usage has caused a draw or short on switch? Thoughts? Have you tested your door switches? I've ordered switches and will update.

There are no blinking lights. I recently replaced the heating element as it shorted out and that did cause the cancel light to blink 7 times alerting me to a temperature failure/issue.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply