Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pino2424  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:45:55 PM(UTC)
pino2424

Groups: Registered

I got a problem with this dryer. A tech came to my house because the dryer doesn't heat. he explained to me that the gas valve was bad. he replaced and the dryer start to work only for 3 days.
I called him back and when his came the dryer start to heat only for 10 min when tried to heat again nothing happen. can some one help me to this.
the tech said that the flame sensor may be have a problem or the gas solenoide, at this time i don't know if he know exactly what happen. I NEED HELP PLEASE.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DryerWoes  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:50:53 PM(UTC)
DryerWoes

Since no one else around here seems to have any helpful ideas for anyone, I will chime in here, as I now have a little experience of my own. I am not a professional, but I have been through my own issues recently, and I picked up several good tips (not from here) along the way.

If the repairman replaced the entire gas valve assembly, this should have included new valve solenoids and flame igniter as part of the kit. It would be very unlikely that either of those parts are faulty out of the box, but I suppose anything is possible, especially if the repairman reused the old igniter and solenoids, which would be highly disreputable. First, make sure that the igniter is coming on by starting your dryer on a high heat cycle, and then watch for a bright glow coming from the lower left side of the base of your machine. If you see the glow, then listen carefully for a clicking sound that occurs within 2-3 seconds after the glow begins. If you see and hear both, then your igniter is working, and your valve solenoid is also working. It also means that your thermal fuse is good, and your flame sensor is working. You need to test the high limit thermostats and the running thermostats on the back of your machine to insure they are good. You should also clean your machine thoroughly. Vacuum your lint exhaust hose, the exterior vent door, and (if possible) remove the lint duct from the back of your machine and clean it and the blower wheel that is located inside. It may be possible to do this without completely removing the lint duct by using a series of extensions and fittings on your vacuum cleaner. Just do a very thorough job, as excessive lint buildup can cause the dryer to stop heating, even intermittently. If it's still not working, then you may have a bad timer or a bad control panel, which is pretty rare. There are videos available for testing these as well, should it become necessary.

Here are the steps that I would follow if I were you:

1. Watch these 2 videos (EXTREMELY helpful) so that you can adequately understand how to fully diagnose your issue and track down the root cause of the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP1Z4OWjTuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGpojymCRNU

2. If you haven't already purchased one, go out and buy a multimeter so that you can test each component in the chain.

3. Most parts can be found at Amazon.com at a discount price.

Good luck!
pino2424  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 4:51:21 AM(UTC)
pino2424

Thanks a lot for responded. when the tech was here, he only changed the gas valve. the littler black pieces that is in the top of the valve, he interchange from the old one to the new ones. when he came back, he checked in the back of the machine and he told me that the thermostats are good.but the dryer still turns on for around 10 min and get off again and never get on.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 9:26:37 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DryerWoes Go to Quoted Post
It also means that your thermal fuse is good, and your flame sensor is working. You need to test the high limit thermostats and the running thermostats on the back of your machine to insure they are good.

This dryer doesn't have a thermal fuse nor a "running" thermostat and if the high limit was bad, the ignitor would not work at all. There's no rear access to this machine. This dryer uses a thermistor input to an electronic control board to determine temperature and then uses a relay to turn the burner on/off to regulate temperature. It also uses a moisture sensor to determine dryness of the clothes. You need to monitor the voltage to the burner to determine if the control board is turning the burner off or if something like the valve solenoids are failing.

Eric
pino2424  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:58:41 PM(UTC)
pino2424

Thanks a lot for everyone. finally the tech came to my house and change the thermostat that is in the heat chamber. when he changed the dryer start to run very good without any problem.
PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks a lot.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply