Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gooseofdeuce  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:29:56 AM(UTC)
gooseofdeuce

Groups: Registered

My wife started our dryer before she went to work a few days ago. When she came home the dryer was still running and the clothes were still wet. I leave for work before she gets up and she gets home first. You can tell air is blowing & it is only cold air. The timer is not advancing.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:05:48 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Model number does not come up. You sure that's not supposed to be NVLR333 ?? Reset your AC panel breaker for the dryer. Sometimes one half of the breaker can trip without tripping the whole thing. If that's not it, you need to check for 240vac at the dryer cord terminal block at back of machine. The timer will not advance unless the heat is working except in air fluff cycle.

Eric
gooseofdeuce  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:25:42 PM(UTC)
gooseofdeuce

Groups: Registered

The breaker was checked and did not correct the problem. I'm currently at work and she put the timer on Fluff mode and she said the timer did advance. From some other stuff i've read The timer on other setting pulls power from the heating element and will stop the timer if the element goes bad. Would this be correct?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 2:25:36 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, that is correct but this dryer has two heating elements. Things that can cause no heat are, lack of 240vac to the heating circuit, bad timer, bad hi limit thermostat, bad high or low drum outlet thermostats, bad heating elements or a bad motor switch.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply