Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gloverzoo  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 7:45:00 PM(UTC)
gloverzoo

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore electric oven model # 91140168792. The door has a gap of about a quarter inch when it's closed and you can see light seeping out all around the edges with the light on inside. I have tried taking the door off and putting it back on multiple times and it does not help. The seal appears to be in ok condition, just a bit grimy. Any ideas as to what the problem may be and suggestions on how to fix? Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lightning  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:20:22 AM(UTC)
lightning

Groups: Registered

I've got a similar but not that drastic problem with our Thermador... more than likely its the hinges from what I've read. Seems that manufacturers can't figure out how to design a long-life door hinge anymore. In your case, if you're seeing a gap as big as you described and having already tried the RNR approach a couple of times... you probably have to cave in and get new hinges.

My wife is baking like a fool for Easter so I can't get near our oven to even mess with it. Have to wait until next week. Whats ironic in our case is its the lower oven and that one is usually only used for a half dozen times a year. There's no gap per say, but we have to sometimes give it a shove to turn the light off. Its only 7 years old IIRC, and thats tragic considering how much this unit cost.

Mike
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply