Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AJM57  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 8:45:13 AM(UTC)
AJM57

Groups: Registered

My dryer has been giving me problems. It has not been drying on the timed dry setting for some time now but always worked on the auto setting. Now it seems to dry sometimes and sometimes won't on that setting. I have gone through and changed about everything to deal with heat. Including the heating element, the thermal fuse, the thermal cut off, cycling thermostat, and the cycle switch. I am about to the point where it would have been cheaper to get a new dryer, but now it's personal and I WILL FIX IT!!! I am just wondering what to try next. I have read a lot of posts here and it seems like the timer would be next. Would that be correct even though it always advances through the cycle? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:58:16 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, you should have suspected the timer first as the type of timer in this model are junk and fail all the time. The timer motor may be running fine but that says nothing about the multiple contacts inside the timer. The thermal fuse by the way is in the motor circuit, not the heat circuit.

Whirlpool W10185982 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
AJM57  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:13:24 AM(UTC)
AJM57

Thanks for the quick reply Fairbank!! That will be my next part to replace I guess. I just went into it figuring that being there was no heat, it must be a heat related repair. Well at least now I have enough good parts that this dryer should last me a long time. Thanks again for the help!!!
zimbot  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:41:43 AM(UTC)
zimbot

Hello...I am experiencing the same issue and I would like to know if it worked before I lay out over $130 for a new timer.....or should I toss the machine!

thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply