Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomsteve  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:11:10 PM(UTC)
tomsteve

Groups: Registered

We ran into a problem, which I'm not sure how long it had been happening, but our washer wasn't/ isn't filling up even half way. I did some surfing and am pretty sure that problem is the pressure/ water level switch. Checked the tube, cleaned it, and did a continuity test and think I did that right. With The tube off the pressure switch I have continuity? Not supposed to?
So, I'm thinkin pressure switch, but noticed something while going through this. The wash cycle only lasts about two minutes before draining,going to spin cycle, then refill for rinse.
Not sure if this has something to do with all this, but a few weeks ago it went out of balance real bad.thinking back it seems that's when the problem started, which thinking about it clothes were rather stiff like detergent didn't get completely rinsed out.
Sure hope ya can help me out here and any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 6:43:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Interesting problem, one that does not lend itself to a quick and easy answer. I would try replacing the control unit, it is not too expensive and if you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.
tomsteve  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 5:44:05 AM(UTC)
tomsteve

Thanks, Sid. I was waiting for parts to get here to reply.,after washing a couple small loads before they got here I think my perception on cycle time was not right. That seems to be fine. Replaced the suspension straps and the water level/ purer ruse switch, but apparently I might not hav etested,the old one properly or did and there's something else wrong.
I m still not getting water level to go up. With the front cover off, the water level is only getting a little above the box on the tub that the pressure switch tube attaches to.
While I was sittin there scratching my head, I pulled the pressure switch hose off,the box on the tub and blew into it, this after a Water fill cycle and just when it stopped filling. It started filling again and shut off at the proper level.

Any ideas???
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 7:02:37 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Sounds like maybe a problem with the tube, although usually the problem is the opposite of what you are experiencing.

If it works now go ahead and use it, but do not leave it alone to fill without someone watching to make sure it doesn't overflow. And when you have time go ahead and replace the tube.

Good luck!
tomsteve  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 6:06:10 AM(UTC)
tomsteve

Thanks, Sid. Today I'm a little more awake and maybe can explain better whats happening.
First, along with the pressure switch I also replaced the hose.
It starts to fill and stops and goes into aggitation with water level just above the box on the tub that the pressure hose attaches to.
Pull the hose off the box ( so no pressure in the hose to the pressure switch)and it continues to fill( and have to put my finger over the hole on the box or water starts gushing out).
Put the hose back on the box but it won't stop filling unless I blow into the hose and hold pressure in it.
So the next time I ran a fresh cycle, I started with the load size switch on small. It stopped filling before the water level was even at the box on the side of the tub.
Turn load size to extra large and it fills to just above the box.
Repeat what I did above and same result.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 10:50:06 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

I am still thinking pressure switch or control unit. I assume you are not getting blinking light error message. Replace them one at a time and see if that solves the problem. If you order the parts from this site and don't need them you can return them.
tomsteve  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 4:07:29 AM(UTC)
tomsteve

I'm guessing this is the control unit?
GE WH12X10614 Control Asm - AppliancePartsPros.com

I already replaced the pressure switch.
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 4:47:04 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Yes, that should be it. Let us know how it turns out.
tomsteve  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:18:57 AM(UTC)
tomsteve

Sure thing. Thanks again,Sid. Much appreciated.
tomsteve  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:23:05 AM(UTC)
tomsteve

New control board. Same problem. Any chance i got a bad pressure switch?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply