Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimmyphatz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:50:08 AM(UTC)
jimmyphatz

Groups: Registered

Hello,

:eek: :confused: :mad: My machine just will not power at all. I turned off the fuse box outside and back on again and the machine worked! For only 2 seconds.. then back to no power again. No matter how many times i turn the fuse box on and off again nothing works. I did some google research to find out the issue but it seems that I might need one of those meter readers for power testing, which I don't have. All I could come up with was the fuse might be faulty so I unscrewed the metal plate in the back near the power cord and all I saw were wires connecting to the power cord. No fuse. I am trying to avoid the maintenance man coming cause I have no money to fix this issue. Is there a way I can fix this problem without that meter machine? All help is much appreciated thanks so much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:32:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Yeah you do need a test meter to determine where the power is being lost. You can get a very cheap one at Harbor Freight but I recommend spending a little more as these are very valuable tools.

You may have a bad breaker and have to replace it, something I recommend you have an electrician do unless you are very experienced in this area.
jimmyphatz  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 2:09:47 PM(UTC)
jimmyphatz

Fantastic that helps me out a lot. What should I expect to pay someone to do that
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 2:43:20 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well first try to be certain that the breaker is the problem first of all, if so you just need a basic electrician, count on $60 to $85 for the service call and $15 to $25.00 for the new breaker.
robnelson21  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 6:31:55 PM(UTC)
robnelson21

I would turn the breaker off and check the terminal block at the back of the unit, this is where the power cord comes into the unit. You may notice the cord wires have arced and melted, usually you will need to replace both the terminal block and the power cord. Additionally when you checked the breaker did either of the wires at the breaker looked burned? If so throw the main breaker to the electrical panel and repair the wire that over heated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply