Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bootpdx  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:51:56 AM(UTC)
bootpdx

Groups: Registered

Hi. I have a side by side 2004 Frigidaire fridge that I am hoping to fix with some guidance. I returned from a 10 day vacation to find the top of the freezer compartment warm with thawed items. The fridge wasn't making the usual sounds although lights were working.

I removed the back panel to find snowy frost on the top of the evap coil assembly, but not enough to block the evap fan. The evap fan is not turning on, but I have bench tested it and it runs. Compressor is running - I also tested that and got the appropriate ohm reading. Also tested the starter relay and got resistance. The compressor fan runs as well.

The evap coil assembly does get cold when the fridge is plugged in, so I have chalked the problem up to the fact that the evap fan isn't distributing the air.

I think the fan is powered through the thermostat sensor (clipped to the evap coil) I tested it and didn't get any resistance, so I have ordered a new one. I hope that once installed, the evap fan will run and the fridge will be fixed. If it still doesn't work after this, then my next guess is to check the defrost board.

Anyone else have other ideas of what could be causing this? Trying to avoid spending $1000 on a new fridge.

THANK YOU
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.