Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bulletsnbrains  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:38:35 PM(UTC)
bulletsnbrains

Groups: Registered

My furnace gave me issuesat the end of last winter with the pilot burner. So this year I replaced it and the igniter. When attempting to verify operation, all I got was the induction fan motor running. I had no spark and no gas, let alone any flame. So I put in a new control board and used but garanteed good gas valve. These did not resolve the problem. I have been tracing the circuit and checking voltages. I verified the transformer was outputing 24VAC and also 115VAC was present at the wires coming off the board. I did not find 24VAC at the terminal #3 & #5 of the gas valve at any time. This i understand is essential for gas valve to open. This leaves me to believe the inducer control board may be faultiy. The limit switch and differential switches are operational. I found no obstructions in the inlet and outlet pvc pipes and all the vacuum hoses are clear. Anywhere I should be looking??? Any help would be appreciated, especially since its getting much colder at night now.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.