Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knnguyen86  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 9:46:08 PM(UTC)
knnguyen86

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I'm trying to fix my dryer - the symptom is that the dryer tumbles but no heat. I verified that gas is getting to the unit. I see the igniter glow for 10 seconds and then turn off, then after a minute it turns on again and then off - no click no flame, doesn't seem to be any gas. I have already replaced the gas coils as well as the thermal cuttoff (because I broke it when trying to test).

I believe I installed the gas coils correctly - The metal sleeve is on the 3-prong coil, 3-prong is in front, and the two knobs are facing up and interfaces with the bracket. I probed the coils and saw that the resistance is as expected.

I had previously checked the igniter and flame sensor for connectivity and they seem ok, both read 0 ohms. My guess it that this would be my next step to replace but wanted your opinion.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:31:53 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The ignitor should not read 0 ohms. It can be anywhere between 50 and 500 ohms. It does appear to be working though if it glows and causes the flame sensor to open. Need to monitor voltage across secondary gas valve solenoid (2 pin coil). Heat from ignitor causes flame sensor to open at which point you should get 120vac across flame sensor and secondary valve solenoid. You should also hear the gas valve click. You may have a faulty gas valve.

Eric
knnguyen86  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 7:56:19 PM(UTC)
knnguyen86

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your help - there definitely isn't a click and I agree that it maybe the gas valve. How would I measure the voltage across the flame sensor or secondary gas coil?

My first problem is that I have the unit half assembled so I can access the two parts but I can't get the unit to run. I connected the control board and have the door propped against the machine with the door sensor connected, but when I press start it gives a short beep sound and won't go.

Once I get over the first issue, do I simply measure VAC across the flame sensor? I realize I may electrocute myself, which I'm confident I can avoid, however any other safety tips would be appreciated.

Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply